TikTok is the platform that more and more business owners want to crack the most.
If you’re one of them, and you haven’t yet jumped on the TikTok bandwagon, we’ve covered the basics to help you get a head start.
By 2024, TikTok is predicted to reach 40% of US internet users. And at the moment, 700 million people use the app every day.
How are businesses using TikTok?
- Hashtag challenge: This is a unique TikTok format and it’s useful to reach new audiences. The goal is to go viral by creating a challenge and incentivizing users to participate. An example is the #GuacDance launched by Chiptole.
- UGC reigns supreme: TikTok users don’t like “ads that look like ads.” Focus on interacting with users rather than selling.
Key tips to make the most out of TikTok
- Speed is everything: On TikTok, trends arise and fade quickly. And if you want to surf the wave, you must react quickly when you see a new one.
- Use trending songs in your videos: The music you choose in your video can greatly impact its popularity.
- Be authentic: TikTok is mostly used by young users, who are very good at sensing advertising. TikToks focused on advertising tend to not do as well.
- Use targeted hashtags: Don’t choose generic hashtags or you’ll get lost in the weeds. Use the search function to uncover the hashtags used the most by your audience.
- Encourage duets: These allow you to create videos using existing content. You should stimulate users to create duets using your content, to gain popularity and generate even more UGC.