Android 10 is one of the most anticipated OS upgrades people are looking to install their Android devices. Now, the OnePlus has officially announced the Android 10 Open Beta for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. These are the two most popular smartphones of 2018; thus, there are a lot of people who were eagerly waiting for this update.
The Company took to its official forum to make an announcement. Since it is a public beta, you can openly download it from the official sources if you haven’t yet got the OTA confirmation on your device. If you love to explore the new features, you can download it even though you might face some issues. It is not recommended to download any beta on your primary device because you might encounter some bugs as well as apps crashes.
Android 10 Public Beta Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- The brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download Android 10 based on Oxygen 10 for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T
We are publishing direct download links of OTA files, which you can download from below:
- OnePlus 6 OTA download link: Download Here!
- OnePlus 6T OTA download link: Download Here!
How to install Android 10 beta on OnePlus 6 / 6T?
If you have enrolled for the OnePlus beta program, you will directly get the update pushed on your device. Don’t worry if you haven’t yet enrolled! It is very straightforward to install the beta updates on any Oneplus device once you download the package file. It will worth noting that this beta build is only for the unlocked, non-carrier variants of OnePlus 6 and 6T.
Before installing the file, make sure that your phone’s battery is above 30%, and storage space should be at least 3GB. To be precise, you won’t lose any data if you follow the steps correctly, even though the backup is always a plus point to avoid any data loss. Below are the provided measures to install public beta via OTA if you haven’t yet get on your device:
- Download the zip file from the mentioned links.
- Transfer the file into your internal memory and Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now visit the Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will seek for the package file.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
That’s all you need to do! After performing these tasks, your device will automatically reboot, and you are upgraded to the Android 10 public beta. Keep in mind that the first boot always takes a relatively long time; Therefore, you have to be patient. If you have anything else to ask? Do let’s know in the below section!