A couple of days back, Xaiomi announced two new smartphones Mi Mix Alpha and Mi 9 Pro. At the same event, the company had also introduced the latest MIUI 11 user interface for the Xiaomi devices. It brings plenty of new features including new icons, fonts, and entirely revamped user experience. The Closed Beta is already in work for some Xiaomi devices in China, while, the public Beta will be released on the 27 September.
For those who curious to take hands-on the latest MIUI 11, now the latest MIUI 11 beta is available for download. It uses different Android versions from Android 7.1 Nougat to the latest Android 10 depending on the device. Before flashing any ROM keep in mind that these are Chinese firmware. Therefore, you can miss Google play services, but you can easily install via third party sources.
Note: All the ROMs are easily installable via the TWRP method. You can follow the step by step guide here to install the TWRP on your Xiaomi device.
MIUI 11 Changelog
The full changelog for MIUI 11, while updating from MIUI 10, you can read below.
Attention – Empowering the productive
- Comprehensive design optimized for fullscreen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content.
Beauty starts with the text. Our fonts matured.
- Now text looks gorgeous in all languages.
- Now, font-weight can be adjusted automatically depending on the text.
- The ambient display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes.
- Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature.
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects.
Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones.
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds.
- Mi Share works both on phones and computers.
- Preview your documents before you open them.
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer.
- MIUI allows you to cast videos, games, documents, and apps to more than 300 TV models directly from your phone.
- MIUI’s casting functionality allows you to hide personal items to keep all sensitive things private.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Plan your trips with MIUI: add your flight or train tickets, learn about the weather at your destination, get local mobile data, view the currency exchange rates, or contact your consulate abroad.
Ultra battery saver
- Use this feature to challenge your device to a whole day on just 5% of the battery.
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Kid space. Create a safe digital environment for your kids.
- Family guard. Control connected devices to help your friends and family.
- Screen time. View stats and manage your time more efficiently.
- Emergency SOS. Rapidly press the Power button 5 times to send an SOS message to your emergency contacts.
- Earthquake warnings. Stay safe and informed in case of an earthquake.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Themes. Lots of free resources to make your device truly unique.
- Mi Community. Get the latest news from Xiaomi, test new features, and participate in our events.
- Autofill passwords. Store passwords on your device and use them whenever you need them.
- Calendar. All your events in one place.
- Mi AI 3.0. All-new. Much more powerful.
- Security. Safeguard and optimize your device.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
Via: XDA Developer