What if your blog posts were able to reach thousands of people and generate hundreds of thousands of dollars?
The key is in copywriting and content marketing fundamentals. Here are a few tips to kick up a blog post’s entertainment value:
- Keep the skimmers hooked: Some people will go through each sentence of your post. Others will just skim through it. Create content for both.
- Use bucket brigades often: Hear me out. Here’s the thing. But that’s not all. You might be thinking. You’re probably wondering. These small sentences keep the reader hooked. Just don’t overuse them.
- Build up the pain early on: Use the first paragraph of the post to describe the pain you’re going to solve for the reader and help establish credibility.
- Speak with certainty: Don’t water down your opinion if it’s not necessary. Use power words and strive to maintain authority in each sentence.
- Step away from a one-to-one voice occasionally: It’s important to mix up your content with third-party quotes, stories, data, and anecdotes. It builds credibility.
- Break the 4th wall every now and then: This means stepping down from the narrator’s voice and interacting straight with the reader.
- Make them feel something: You must be compelling. Both to the head and mind of the reader.