If you want to promote your podcast and boost your podcast listening, this study from Facebook will help you do that.
First of all, you can’t boost a podcast natively.
Also, episodes aren’t available as posts in the Ads Manager.
But here’s a loophole: When you re-share a podcast, Facebook gives you the option to re-share with a clip.
And when you do it, that post is eligible for promotion.
- The post isn’t available for Instagram because of the clip’s dimension.
- The post isn’t available for desktop.
Here’s how to set up the campaign
- Objective: Reach. The objective and optimization don’t matter much as you can’t optimize for podcast listens.
- Audience: Page followers.
- Placements: Mobile. News Feed and Video Feeds only.
Some errors in the Ads Manager, however, makes you feel skeptical that the campaign will work
But when checking the preview of the ad from a mobile device, everything was fine.
It seems that Facebook hasn’t yet sorted out how to report metrics for campaigns that promote podcasts:
a) The Ads Manager doesn’t report on engagement, reactions, link clicks, or video views. It only reports reach, impressions, and clicks (all).
b) Podcast Listens: A podcast post will show how many listens it received. But there’s no track of this number in Insights or the Ads Manager.
Is the ad working?
You can always look at the number in the podcast platform to double-check that the ad is still driving listeners.
You can’t promote a podcast with Facebook Ads, but there’s a loophole.
It can work, but the option comes with some limitations.
You can experiment with this loophole, and see if it works.
Moreover, this is likely a short-term issue and Facebook will provide more options to promote your podcast.
- Podcast Advertising: How to Get on Podcasts without Spending Anything
- 7 Ways to Turn Your Podcast into Written Content
- Best Podcast Cameras
- Best Podcast Kits – Getting Started with Podcasting
- How to Attract A-List Influencers to Your Podcast
- How to Grow Your Career [Same as Growing a Company]