WhatsApp recently introduced a built-in fingerprint lock option to Android users. The latest update from the company enables this option to WhatsApp Messenger for Android devices. This is just like an App lock, but now you don’t need to install any additional app to use this function.
In this article, we will give you proper detailed information, how to install the Fingerprint Unlock feature on your Android smartphone. However, it is very easy to use, but for those who are unable to recognize, we have decided to post a detailed guide.
- Make sure you have updated to the latest version
- Just go Help > App info and check the version
- Whatsapp Messenger Version 2.19.308 or above support Fingerprint Unlock functionality
- That’s all you need to do before moving to the next step!
Recommended: How to enable WhatsApp Dark Mode on Android phones?
How to enable Fingerprint Lock on WhatsApp Messenger app?
- Open your WhatsApp Messenger App
- direct to Account > Privacy and enable to Fingerprint Lock option
- One’s click on “Unlock with fingerprint”, it will instantly ask you to confirm fingerprint (if you have already set to unlock your device)
- There are three options available, “Immediately”, “After 1 Minute” or “After 30 minutes”
- Just select the option whatever suits you
- “Show content in notifications” available if you want to access WhatsApp notifications while it is locked
- Now it will ask you to unlock the app every time you open WhatsApp Messenger
- Hurray! You are done now!
Overall, it is a worthy step as far as security is concerned. It will worth noting that the previously same feature was available to Beta users. Finally, the company has decided to roll out a stable version. We have found in our usage the Fingerprint Unlock was working smoothly every time we have tried to unlock the app.