Struggling to scale your content creation? In this article, we’ll cover the basics of how to create content faster.
We’ll outline the process to help scale content creation.
And this just doesn’t mean blog posts. Blog posts are top-of-the-funnel content.
Other content needed for a business may include courses, dozens of social media posts, email newsletters, YouTube videos and/or video scripts, and more.
(How to get clients and work handed to you directly as a freelance writer.)
Here are the steps:
1) Break down the writing process into smaller steps
Writing isn’t just about “writing.” It can involve finding keywords, choosing the format, outlining the structure, editing, creating visuals, and so on.
Identify the areas where you can’t be efficient, and outsource them.
2) Create an organized content calendar
Include each of the phases you identified in the previous step, their current status, the person assigned for each task, and so on.
3) Plan your content schedule for the next 3-6 months
Relieving the stress of a looming deadline helps you create better content.
Plus, you can batch tasks and save time.
4) Create outlines for upcoming posts
Freestyling may work for some, but not for all. Outlines help your writing turn out faster and better-structured.
Outlines also don’t necessarily create more work. Use your outline points for your headings and integrate them as part of your copy.
5) Write content based on first-hand knowledge and experience
Writing about topics that are already in your head makes the process faster and easier, as well as making the finished article of much higher quality.
6) If you have to hire writers, look for experts on the topic
Rather than hiring random writers on Upwork or Fiverr, find people that run blogs in your industry or people that contribute to other sites in your niche.
And be sure to manage them well and don’t let them make common SEO mistakes.
Not all writers know how to create great SEO content – keyword matching, headings, where to place keywords throughout the copy, and so on, are all important.
It’s also best for Google’s E-A-T guidelines.
- Expertise: Show your expertise through your bio, about us page, and citations.
- Authority: Don’t just strive to be an expert – become the authority in your niche area of expertise.
- Trustworthiness: Avoid misleading content and don’t deceive users.
7) Create a great content team
Scaling content is all about people.
There are some mechanical tools in the market that might help you, such as AI writing assistants, but they aren’t that great yet.
If you want to fire out great content, you can try improving your output per hour on your own.
But nothing can beat upping the quality of your content team.