4 General Best Practices
Let’s start with the four general best practices.
- Video resolution: 83% of top-performing ads have a video resolution of at least 720p.
- Audio: 93% of top-performing ads use audio, which led to a 16% increase in impressions.
- Videos with a 9:16 aspect ratio got 60% more impressions compared to videos that fit poorly on the screen.
- 82.13% of top-performing videos use a vertical aspect ratio.
TikTok Tips for Those in E-Commerce
If you’re in the e-commerce business, here are a few specifics you will want to try out with your next ad:
- Feature an offer. Footage of a person emphasizing at least one offer (like a discount code or a seasonal deal) increases impressions by an impressive 67%.
- Use varied scenes. Adding different scenes to your video ads lifted impressions by 41%. And 99.3% of top-performing videos feature a variety of shots and angles. It takes more work but is worth the effort.
- Add captions. Videos with text get 55% more impressions. TikTok also suggests using text to showcase the offer and CTA.
TikTok for Gaming Ads
And last, if you are preparing gaming ads, here’s what you should know:
- Similar to e-commerce videos, adding text works. It showed an 11.3% increase in impressions.
- Show features of the game (some examples are simulations, money/points accumulated, or fight scenes). This resulted in a 12% lift in impressions.
- 62% of top-performing videos include an end frame summarizing key information. And these videos get a 47% impressions bump. Not bad.
All this data can be very helpful for the TikTok marketer. Use it to your advantage when crafting your ad campaigns.