Newly launched Xiaomi MI Watch is soon going to get the first OTA update with significant optimizations made across the OS. According to the official poster released by the company, the latest update will start hitting from December 3 until December 5 in China. It carries the version number XM037. If you don’t get the notifications in the given period, you can manually check the Settings → System → About → and click on the system update.
The official reminder recommends using the Wi-Fi connection for the faster internet speed. Before installing the update, make sure that your watch has at least 50% battery juice to avoid any hurdle. Speaking to the changes, Xiaomi Wear App is now available for iOS devices, optimizes the pairing experience, Optimised the Sogue input method, and fixes the weather location information. Below is the full changelog provided:
Xiaomi Mi Watch OTA Changelog (Translated)
iOS App goes live
- Xiaomi Wear App launched for iOS to improve iOS user experience.
Optimize the pairing experience
- Optimized the issue of watch freeze in the first few minutes after pairing the watch for the first time.
- Application market, watch market browsing, download experience optimization
- When downloading apps in the watch face/app store, use WiFi first to make the download experience smoother.
Notification prompt repair
- Addressed issue where the watch still receives app notifications after receiving some app notifications in the Xiaomi Wear App.
Interactive optimization of Sogou input method
- Sogou input method has added tutorials guide to users, how to switch input methods.
Weather positioning optimization
- Fix weather location information.